To give you a better overall experience, we want to provide relevant ads that are more useful to you. For example, when you search for a film, we use your search information and location to show the most relevant cinemas near you. We also use this information to show you ads for similar films you may like in the future.
Like Verizon Media, our partners may also show you ads that they think match your interests.
Learn more about how Verizon Media collects and uses data and how our partners collect and use data. Select 'OK' to allow Verizon Media and our partners to use your data, or 'Manage options' to review our partners and your choices. Tip: Sign In to save these choices and avoid repeating this across devices.
You can always update your preferences in the Privacy Centre. Today, the rubble has been cleared and the street is recovering.
You are here
But many Iraqi writers, scattered into exile by continuing sectarian violence, have not returned. The collection opens with a piece about Mohammed Hayawi, a bookseller killed in the blast, by Anthony Shadid, an American journalist who died in Syria last year. Shadid was an early champion of the project, helping to organise the donation of the broadsides to the National Library and Archive of Iraq. Lutfiya al-Dulaima, an Iraqi fiction writer now living in Jordan, wrote affectingly about the significance of the street to all writers.
Ms al-Dulaima recently reported on the project for a Baghdad newspaper, but she says it is still little-known in Iraq. He maintains that it is nothing more, nor less, than an expression of solidarity from writers and artists in Belgium, America, Germany, Korea, Britain, Australia and many other countries—all citizens of the republic of letters. The project, like al-Mutanabbi Street itself, will carry on with programmes of readings, talks and conferences testifying to the endurance of the book.
- Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here : A Review.
- What is Al-Mutanabbi Street?!
- TÉCNICAS DEL NEUROYOGA: AUTOCURACIÓN PSICOTRÓNICA (BUDDHA MAITREYA nº 6) (Spanish Edition).
- But God, I Dont Love Me !: Key To Fulfilling Jesus Great Commandment;
- Related Products;
Join them. Subscribe to The Economist today. Media Audio edition Economist Films Podcasts. New to The Economist? Sign up now Activate your digital subscription Manage your subscription Renew your subscription.
- Baghdad's Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here: A Reading of Prose and Poetry | Bookshop Santa Cruz;
- Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here.
- Outcomes Measures in Plastic Surgery, An Issue of Clinics in Plastic Surgery, E-Book (The Clinics: Surgery);
- Governing Cultures: Anthropological Perspectives on Political Labor, Power, and Government.
- Bilingual Poetry Reading - Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here!.
- Agenda 21: Earth Summit: The United Nations Programme of Action from Rio.
Topics up icon. Blogs up icon.get link
Baghdad's Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here: A Reading of Prose and Poetry | Bookshop Santa Cruz
Current edition. Audio edition. Economist Films. The Economist apps.
- The Bridge-Builders (Illustrated) (Classic Literary Fiction).
- Choisissez votre réussite (French Edition).